Maloney Supports Fiscally Responsible Budget
– Rep. David Maloney (R-Berks) today voted in favor of the 2014-15 state budget, which for the fourth year in a row holds the line on taxes and stays below the rate of inflation while increasing education funding for every school district in the 130th Legislative District.
“Despite this challenging budget, we were able to pass an on-time, fiscally responsible spending plan that prioritizes the needs of the people of this Commonwealth,” Maloney said. “Not only is more money than ever in state money in Pennsylvania’s history going to education, but we also included a $1.4 billion line item for our state pensions that was sorely needed due to decisions made by previous administrations.”
For Berks County school districts within the 130thth District, the funding levels for 2014-15 are:
• Boyertown – $27,069,952, an increase of 5.3 percent.
• Brandywine – $7,636,077, an increase of 5.2 percent.
• Daniel Boone – $15,226,447, an increase of 5.6 percent.
• Exeter – $16,044,253, an increase of 6.9 percent.
• Fleetwood – $10,713,931, an increase of 6.3 percent.
• Oley – $7,464,845, an increase of 4.7 percent.
Representative David Maloney
Pennsylvania House of Representatives
Media Contact: Charles Lardner